Thursday, January 19, 2006

Zinda hu mai ….. I wonder how?

The start was decent, till interval it did grip, after interval I felt like killing myself. This was the experience of watching the movie Zinda. How this movie got a 4* ranking in Sunday Times is a mystery. I don’t think I will write anything more about the story. I don’t want to relive any of those moments. I just wanted to alert you people before you even think of watching this movie.

I must confess that I was expecting entertainment from this movie. After all it was directed by Sanjay Gupta, the legendary director of films like Kaate and Musafir. He is the guy who makes the kind of movies which make u laugh ur pants off .... sorry let me rephrase it ... he is the guy who makes the kind of movies on which u laugh ur pants off. But anyways what matters is u laugh and when u go in a group, these can be real entertainers. Zinda was nothing like that though. It was such a depressing movie with such a gloomy feel to it.

In last few weeks itself I have watched Neal N Nikki, Sikhar, Ek Khladi Ek Hasina, Garam Masala, Dewaane Huve Pagal, BluffMaster and Zinda (There are few more which I don’t remember). Apart from BluffMaster all the rest have been more or less disasters. People might think that I am just a crazy guy who doesn’t know how to spend the money but that would be wrong thing to think. I have changed my strategy of movie watching. Instead of choosing the movies wisely, I have started to choose the theaters wisely. I watched most of these movies either at WestEnd (50 bucks balcony) or at Neelayam(40 bucks balcony). So if you want to do some time pass but don’t want to spend much then this is a good way to do that. Moreover, you always get the tickets. No advance booking, no standing in queue.

Coming back to the movie .... well lets not do that. Let me just stop by saying that watch Zinda if u feel that u r at the lowest point of ur life. After watching the movie u will realize that that point was not so low after all.

2 comments:

Dr. Gonzo said...

You probably wouldn't have liked Kill Bill either, or wouldn't have understood Pulp Fiction as well. You know, you really should write disclaimers like that when you profess to review a film.


I kiind of liked the film. I myself have written a review, here

http://theevilp.blogspot.com/2006/01/zinda-gushing-review.html

Salil said...

Mate,

People can be of 2 types .... one who like Tarantino movies and one who hate them. I am the group leader of the later type.
If u would have read my previous blogs then u would have to come to know that i abhor that weird guy Tarantino.

Anyways, just difference of opinion i guess.