Wednesday, July 27, 2005

O yes, this officially is the worst movie I have ever seen !

Note : When I say worst movie, I only consider the movies from which I expected at least sense. So most of the Salman Khan and those kind of movies don’t count. These movies form a completely different league.

Before Sunday I thought “Raincoat” was the worst movie I have ever seen. Then I saw “Pulp Fiction” and I suddenly started to feel that Raincoat was not such a bad movie after all.

Pulp Fiction was released in mid 90s and I had heard quite a few good things for sometime now.
When I got the CD of this film I was really excited. I wanted to watch it for a long time and finally my wish was gonna come true. One of the main reasons why I was so excited abt this movie was because of its star cast (like Indian Cricket team, awesome on paper).
The movie started of very well with a dialog between Travolta and SL Jackson. At that stage I thought this is going to be one heck of a movie. However, what followed after that left me completely dumbstruck ! I am not sure about the thing I watched being a movie at all. I cannot tell you anything about the story because there was none. The only thing different in the movie was that the sequence of scene was haphazard. Infact I feel that this a an interesting way of presenting the movie. But this, as I said, was not a movie at all. It was a nightmare, a disaster, an absolute shocker. I can understand if someone like Parag Sarfare or Manoj Arya like it (because these are weird people when it comes to liking a movie) but why anyone else would like it and more than that, why this movie was nominated for 7 Oscars is absolutely and completely beyond me.

So if anybody gets a chance to watch this movie, for good god’s sake, skip it !!

1 comment:

Parag said...

ahem...assumptions, people just make assumptions. I didnt like Pulp fiction, particularly due to irrelevantly excess use of the f word. Quentin Tarantino is one confused guy, his movies, including this & KillBill Vol 1/2 suck. Guess Reservoir Dogs was an exception, but havent seen it yet.